Friday, September 27, 2013

Women's Team - Final Post - Back home, perspective gained...


I have been back home and back on mom duty and the work schedule for a week and it is still hard for me to summarize our trip to Uganda. The only thing that I can say that will come close is, I saw God every single place I looked.

I would have to say that I wish I had the strength of spirit to live every day of my life as I do on a weeklong trip to Uganda. It is a blessing to be surrounded by a team who has a common purpose, a team that goes to bed and wakes up in prayer, and a team that can laugh and cry together. I have to admit that more often then not I run around living my life in the states feeling as if I am the kid picked last for kickball. (Someone without a team) My prayers are rushed and selfish. Often my only goal in a day is to make it back to my bed as soon as possible.

How can I reconcile the life I live one week out of the year with the one that I have every other day? I can't. I hope I am never able. I can only wish that something out of the preparation and work that has gone into this one week would make a lasting change on the rest.

We prayed over Psalms 139: 13-14 for this trip. Gradually I included more and more into my reading and the knowledge that I cannot hide from God has sunk in to my stubborn human brain. I may not yet be ready to live each day as I do while "on mission." I pray that I can at least for now stop trying to hide my failings from God.

Uganda was amazing and beautiful. God is everywhere. We all feel like we were able to prepare to meet a need and to discover that the need is greater then we imagined. After some discussions this week I can say that Cornerstone will go back and continue to teach about health in Uganda;
physical, spiritual, and emotional. We will dream big and we will need your help once again.

But first before we get to that part, thank you! Thank you for praying, for giving, and for believing in us. The words seem too small because the sentiment is huge.

On behalf of the team,

Jamie Ignanga Moussirou

No comments:

Post a Comment